Sunday, April 3, 2016

MONTHLY WRAP-UP AND TBR LIST!

February was a super reading clump month for me. I didn't get to finish any books at all. I have been super busy with the start of my uni semester and I also had just started my internship. It had been a great month for me personally but book-wise, nope... So in this post I am going to just share the books that I have read in the month of March. March was also very busy for me but I am adapting with my situation better now so I start gaining my reading moods back on. And also to give myself a little push, I picked on some light reading such as graphic novels and short stories, just to keep my numbers up. I know it's not all about the numbers, but it just helped me storing back my energy and time to read again.
BOOKS I READ ON MARCH :

1. MY BEST FRIEND'S EXORCISM 

2. THE 5TH WAVE  
I did not enjoy this book as much as I thought I would! That was very disappointing. This is not the worst book I've ever read, but also not the exactly the story I was yearning for. I have a strong feeling that my teen-self would love the romance, but as I was reading it, it just seemed too cheesy and cheap and there were so many WTF moments where I just couldn't. And contrary to popular opinion, I actually like the movie more than the book. I can feel more emotions and action from the movie than from the book. I do hate the ending (of the movie) since they changed a significant detail which is supposed to be funny (BEN!). hmmm 


4. THE GROWN-UP 

5. A MONSTER CALLS 

6. THE WOLVES IN THE WALLS 
I do not own the physical copy of the book but I never hesitate when it comes to Neil Gaiman's audiobooks. I like how he narrates all (or most) of is works! And this one in particular is really funny and cute. A typical nursery rhyme short story that I really enjoy even as a new adult. It sounded a lot like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, but with Neil Gaiman's style put into it. Which is brilliant. I didn't gave this book a perfect 5, but my memory's not coping with me at the moment so I don't know why I just gave it 4 stars. When I do remember I'll update :)  

Have you read any of these books? I would like to know what you think about it! 

I am so happy that my requests on graphic novels were always denied by Netgalley, but recently I got accepted by a couple of grpahic novels and I am just so pumped right now. And here are the books I plan to read in the month of April :


I received a partial galley from NetGalley and I just love the premise of the story! I mean, look at the cover, people! A plus-sized woman as your city superhero??? How could you passed on that??? No, no, no. You couldn't. I have read a few pages in and I am already loving it. The art is just gorgeous though. Lets see if the story is as interesting as the illustrations. 

Second graphic novel that I want to read this month. This one has like 200++ pages filled with illustrations, so I hope i can go through this quickly. I think this book is a humor book about the lives of a couple of fresh-graduates involving troubles and friendships like that. I am hoping to be able to relate to this so much since, even though I haven't graduated yet, this is my last year at uni and reading this kind of story just tingles me inside. 

From the creator of Ben 10 and Big Hero 6. Nuf said. So happy I got my request accepted on Netgalley to read this! 

I enjoyed the first book so much and the movie is coming up soon. I also have this on audiobook so lets do this.

WTH have I been doing with my childhood? Nothing. Well, why exactly haven't I read this book yet? I remember always seeing this book on my school's library but never have I ever touched this book. But I want to watch the movie so bad that I need to read this one first!

I received a free copy from the author (Thanks, Eden!) to read and review. And let me tell you something, this book has a really interesting premise. It is also written in verse, which made it even more interesting to read. I have been a few pages in and this one grabs my attention like REAL tight. This book talks about the creation of the worlds, human morality, from a view of philosophy. Review coming up soon.

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 3 BY 3 METERS
Maira Gall