Saturday, January 30, 2016

BOOK REVIEW : SPOILER ALERT : YOU'RE GONNA DIE BY KORTTANY FINN & JACQUIE PURCELL

I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.


TITLE : SPOILER ALERT : YOU'RE GONNA DIE
AUTHOR : KORTTANY FINN, JACQUIE PURCELL
PUBLISHER : BOOKTROPE
PAGE COUNT : 110
RELEASE DATE : DECEMBER 2015
SERIES : -
GENRE : NON-FICTION, HUMOR, MEDICAL
GOODREADS

One thing that you can be sure in life, is that it is going to end. How’s that for a buzzkill? A real life coroner challenged a few thousand internet strangers to ask her anything. The result is a collection of morbid and slightly embarrassing questions all about The End. Spoiler Alert: You’re Gonna Die! will leave you with a new perspective on life.



I see so much regret and so much fear of death, that people have forgotten how to live.
I was looking through the humor section on Netgalley and I came upon this title with this cover, and it bought my interest right away. Well, at first I thought this was a parody book talking about the funny thing about death and its like, but then this book is super information packed! Reading this book totally reminded me of CSI and House M.D. (LOL) and please note that this book is talking about death in more of a serious way, not a total joke (I was somehow tricked by Netgalley's genre section). But nevertheless, and unexpectedly, I did really enjoy this book.

This book is written in a Q&A format, between Kortanny Finn and a coroner (Jacquie Purcell). Most of the questions and answers are really serious, and specially if you're a mother (or parents in general) thinking about the safety of your loved ones, there are so any information you can learn from this book (I learned quite a lot). Aside from that, this book is a really, really light read, specially considering the topic.

Reading this book made me realize that it is true I never really think about death as much. In fact, it is one of the subject I least thought about talking. Death is as natural as anything else and having finished reading this book made me feel more comfortable talking about death, and imagining death. My death, or my loved ones.

Some of the explanations/answers here can be sadly tragic, some are funny, some are moving and some are just disgusting. Overall it is very educative, super short, and easy to follow, even if there are many new medical terms I've never heard of before, it was very easy for me to catch up what the chapter is talking about. 

Honestly if this book was written differently, I wouldn't enjoy this book as much. I wouldn't even pick this book up in the first place. But for those of you who enjoy reading a fun book with gaining some extra information (that can save your live/your loved one's) than go grab this book, really, you wont regret it.


BOOK RATING



No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 3 BY 3 METERS
Maira Gall